Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Blog update from CEC CEC sponsors "Macro4Micro" - latest blog update

03/17/2010

Population 250 + 4


Happy St. Patricks day everyone! We are currently in Cann River which is a tiny town, population of only 250 people. Todd from the Cann River Hotel has hooked us up by giving us a free nights accommodation at the Cann River Caravan Park. There are only a few other campers around so we've been able to get to know everyone.

I don't know how anyone else feels about leeches but personally I can NOT stand them, and I feel like I've seen more in the last 4 hours then I've seen in my entire life.

Now onto the more important things. Today we had an amazing day cycling. The road from Bombala to Cann River was fantastic, cycling through a national park and the road was mostly downhill. We were an hour ahead of schedule getting into town. Its been pretty hot all afternoon reaching a high of 28 degrees celsius. This was a huge change from the 4 degrees we woke up to this morning. It was so cold I actually pulled out my extra mittens (I packed them not knowing if I might need them, glad I did).

Overall it was a fantastic day and now we're sitting down to dinner to brainstorm some fund-raising ideas. If you have any let us know and if you'd like to donate check out our support page.

No comments:

Post a Comment