Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Blog update from CEC CEC sponsors "Macro4Micro" - latest blog update

Macro for Micro: "03/14/2010
0km Travelled

Today was a totally new experience for the Macro for Micro team - we had a rest day!!! Wowowow!

Canberra, the capital of Australia, is home to lots of interesting and educational sites about the country. The group split up today to make use of our free time - Geoff and Isabella took care of some much MUCH needed laundry and internetting, while Stu and I explored Parliament and the National Museum. Overall, it was interesting but my mind was wandering elsewhere...

No, I wasn't thinking about the 120kms we have scheduled for tomorrow - I was focused on getting my first Asian meal since my arrival in Australia 2 weeks ago! Living out of a van has taken a huge toll on the variety of food we get to eat so my taste buds were desperate for some change. After a bike ride through the city in search of a good dining area, we happily inhaled a bowl noodles in 10 minutes. Back to peanut butter sandwich breakfasts and spaghetti lunches tomorrow!

I hope tonight brings a restful night's sleep because I'll really need it to make it through tomorrow's ride. 120kms is the longest day we have had and I'm sure it will be a memorable one. It always helps to think that we are doing this for an incredible cause though."

No comments:

Post a Comment