Monday, May 10, 2010

And now a word from our customers...

My Favorite Tall Camping Tent

Can you imagine? What a cool road trip! Five friends, a Durango and 9500 miles in 37 days. Five best friends embarking on a mission to inspire people to “Live Out Loud”. What fun. Check out their site atthedurangodrifters.yolasite.com.

They inspired me to try and figure out what tent I would choose if it were up to me and I think I’ve found the perfect one. It’s the Atlas & Miga Complete MTS – Quick Set Up Version made by the innovative Camping Equipment Company. I love all of their tents but I believe that this modular tent system takes first prize. Let me tell you why I think so.

First of all, it is comprised of a big center tent and three stand-alone but attachable tents that are like pods. Sort of like space shuttles attached to the main space station. Pretty cool, don’t you think? The middle part is a free standing screen house that provides an enormous living area. It is an astounding 24’ long, 10’ wide and – get ready for it – 9’ tall. I absolutely love tall tents! This space is so big that you could even play Twister in it!

Secondly, the three pods are separate free standing tents that can be attached to the main big tent or not depending on what your current needs are. I truly do think you’ll find that this big tent combo is extremely versatile. You can use one, two or all three of the smaller tents as necessary. For instance, say you’re on a two week long camping trip and your in-laws come for the weekend – no, scratch that, let’s not go there! Instead, say a couple of your friends come for a couple of nights. You can set up one of the small tents off to the side and that way you’ll all have a bit of privacy. Or, say your 12-year-old son has brought a friend. You know they’re not going to want to stay too close to you. You could even use one of the pods as a dog tent. That way your wet dog will stay off of your dry sleeping bag. Or a doghouse, if you have a fight with your main squeeze and there’s no couch to sleep on. Really, the possibilities are endless.

Thinking about these kids’ trip has got me dreaming of having a grand adventure of my own. Picture this – it’s been a long day on the road, you find the perfect secluded camping spot, you set up the tent(s), fire up the old camp stove, have a scrumptious dinner and then, when dusk starts creeping in and the mosquitoes emerge full force, you take refuge in the bug free zone of the screen house and relax as you take turns telling stories and sharing hopes and dreams of the future. Then comes the best part. Snuggling down into your comfy sleeping bag (in your own cozy pod) and laying quietly, listening to nature singing you a peaceful lullaby. Ahhhh…. heaven! I really don’t think it get any better than this.

Can you imagine?

No comments:

Post a Comment