Friday, November 16, 2012

Canvas vs Synthetic fabric tents

Hi David, thanks for your email

Honestly, the days of the traditional canvas tent are pretty much over

Really military style cotton canvas is significantly heavier and water-retentive than synthetic fabric (the Gobi tent is made of polyester)

While canvas may last longer (with appropriate care) than synthetic fabric, polyester is much lighter in weight - which you will come to appreciate with CEC tents as we only supply LARGE family camping tents

However with appropriate care, synthetic fabric can last for years and provide you with a lot of quality use

Synthetic fabric is naturally water repellent and CEC rain fly's (the outer most layer of our tents) also include a polyurethane coating (PU) in addition to PU seam taping for added water proofness

If you have other questions about canvas versus synthetic fabric tents, please let me know

Best Regards,
Andrew
Customer Support



Someone submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

A user has submitted the contact form on your store.

Here are their details:

Full Name:David 
Email Address:
Company Name:
Phone Number:
Order Number:
RMA Number:
To Whom It Concerns:
My wife and I are looking into a new tent, and I'm leaning towards this Gobi 6 man tent I see on your site. I'm a bit of a tent snob and I only want a canvas tent because I've always had MUCH better luck in bad weather with canvas. However, I'm not sure the Gobi tent I'm looking at is canvas. Is it? If not, whats the material? I REALLY want canvas, but I also love the deisgn of that Gobi tent, so I guess what I'm saying is that if you can lower my own snobbery level and convince me that the material will work just as well as canvas, I'll still get it. thanks! Let me know!
The Camping Equipment Company: USA
http://www.campingequipmentco.com/

The Camping Equipment Company: USA is powered by BigCommerce. Launch your own store for free with Big Commerce.

No comments:

Post a Comment